Special note for Mediterranean travelers
The average temperature in Vilnius in December is around 0° degrees, however it can get as cold as -10° or as warm as 10° Celsius, so be sure to check the weather forecast before packing your suitcase. The typical ski jacket, winter shoes, gloves and hat usually work well.
Travel to Vilnius
Probably you will choose the plane to come to Vilnius, but if you wish to use some other transport, plese look for instructions here: http://www.vilnius-tourism.lt/en/information/arrival/
Travel to Vilnius center from the airport
The Vilnius airport is located just outside the city center.
There are two recommended options to reach the venue or your hotel from the airport.
The first is to use a bus. The bus stop is just outside the exit from the airport and it's called "Oro uostas" (it means airport). Two buses go to the center of the city - 3G and 88. The journey takes about 15-25 minutes. Buy a single ticket from the bus driver for €1. Validate it inside the bus. For more information you can visit Vilnius public transport web-page.
The second option is a taxi.
No need to call for a taxi in advance or ask friends for a help – Vilnius Airport approved taxi cabs are cheap, of good quality and comfortable.
Vilnius Airport approved taxi rank can be found just in front of the arrivals terminal. Always ask for a receipt at the end of the trip! All Vilnius Airport approved taxi cabs accept credit cards.
Most popular routes and their rates:
- Vilnius Airport – Old Town (Cathedral Square) – ca. 10 EUR*
- Vilnius Airport – Konstitucijos avenue – ca. EUR 12*
- Vilnius Airport – Litexpo Exhibition and Congress Centre – ca. EUR 9*
- Vilnius Airport – Hospital Santariskiu Klinikos – ca. 18 EUR*
* Taxi carriers carrying passengers from Vilnius Airport taxi rank must apply not higher rates than the following:
|1 km (daytime trip, from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.)||1,01 EUR|
|1 km (nighttime trip, from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.)||1,16 EUR|
|1 km (at weekends and on public holidays)||1,16 EUR|
|1 km (outside the city)||1,16 EUR|
|Initial fare||1,45 EUR|
- Taxi carrier provided, handwritten receipt (scanned version is suitable as well);
- Time of departure and the address of travel destination;
- Picture of taxi license plate numbers;
- Your e-mail address.
Airport investigates all cases. If you have overpaid airport usually compensates your loss!